Top 10 Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera is one of the most popular plants found in the world and its juice has a wide range of applications. The benefits of aloe vera juice have been known for centuries. It was mainly used for treating wounds and cuts. Application of aloe vera juice for medicinal purpose dates back to early Egyptian time when they considered it as a “plant of immortality”.
Aloe vera juice, produced from the green outer leaf, was primarily used as an alternative to over the counter laxative until 2002. It contains nutrients like vitamin, minerals, amino acids and other trace elements. The nutrients in aloe vera juice are in balanced proportion. They are ideally suited for the body to utilize them effectively and curb numerous health complications.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
1. Aloe vera juice soothes and cleanses the digestive tract and improves digestion. It stimulates the activity of the intestines and enables the system to remove toxins from the body easily and effectively. Thus, it helps to treat constipation and diarrhea, by eliminating waste by-products from the system. It is a great remedy for people suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
It also relieves pain and discomfort related with intestinal problems. It decreases the amount of unfriendly bacteria and yeast in our gut and soothes other digestive problems. The juice regulates the production of intestinal juices such as pepsin, which may cause stomach distress when secreted in large amounts.
2. Aloe vera juice is called adaptogen, as it adapts to the body’s natural ability to adapt to external changes and resists illness. Its power of adapting balances the system by stimulating the defense and adaptive mechanism of the body. Thus, it boosts the body’s immune system and provides an increased ability to cope up with emotional, physical and mental stress.
3. Aloe vera is an alkaline forming food and alkalizes the body by helping to balance the dietary habits. Consumption of aloe vera juice promotes healing activity with its anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It also helps in the regeneration of cells.
4. It is believed that drinking aloe vera juice multiplies the oxygen transportation and diffusion capabilities of the red blood cells. By regulating blood pressure, it improves circulation and oxidation of the blood, lowers cholesterol and makes the blood less sticky. Thus it lowers the risk of developing heart diseases.
5. The polysaccharides and Brady kinase enzyme in aloe vera juice stimulates the white blood cells of our system. The enzyme helps in strengthening our immunity and the vitamin and minerals eliminate waste from our body to fight against diseases and viruses. Its antipyretic properties also reduce and prevent fever. It prevents the growth of disease causing microorganisms and acts as a team to provide anti-microbial activity thus, eliminating internal and external infections.
6. It contains a high amount of antioxidants which helps to combat the unstable compounds known as free radicals, which contribute to ageing process. This plant contains glycoprotein called alprogen, which promotes internal healing of wounds and aid digestion.
7. Aloe vera juice contains B-sisterole, and 12 other substances, which slows down and even inhibits inflammation. Thus, it is very useful for people suffering from painful joints and arthritis as it improves joint flexibility.
8. Aloe vera juice also promotes weight loss by detoxifying our body and eliminating wastes through our bowels. This lightens the toxic load and gives us more energy. It also stimulates metabolism and burns calories faster. This results in effective elimination of waste from the body and helps in detoxification.
9. Aloe vera juice contains rich amounts of vitamins that help to keep our red blood cells healthy and circulating throughout the body. Germanium, in aloe vera juice, corrects the body’s circulatory disturbance. It helps to treat anaemia by stimulating the bone marrow to produce new cells. Drink it before each meal to stimulate blood circulation in the body. It also treats symptoms related to anaemia like headache and fatigue.
10. Aloe vera juice is very beneficial for oral health. It has natural anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, which promote cell growth and healing. It reduces gum bleeding, combats bad breath, gingivitis and plaque formation. There are some aloe vera tooth gels available in the market, which effectively tackle bleeding gums and mouth ulcers.
Now after reading this article, I am sure that you will definitely try using aloe vera juice and reap its numerous benefits. Don’t forget to share your feedback. Stay fit, stay healthy!
This is Chetana, an Amateur Makeup artist from India and Founder of StyleCraze.com – India’s largest beauty network. I am completely addicted to Makeup & beauty especially the Colour play and the process involved. Here are Few more insights about Alovera.